This tutorial will show you how to setup Xmarks bookmark sync for Firefox. Xmarks (formerly called ‘Foxmarks’) is one of the most useful Firefox addon or extension. It syncs bookmarks (or favorites) between different computers.
It is extremely useful if you use two or more computers at home or office. It automatically syncs the bookmarks in all the computers, so that you will not have to wonder what website did you bookmark at home or office.
With Firefox 3, you can also sync passwords between different computers. This can be also very useful if you save passwords for various websites on different computers. (If you are using a shared computer, it is not advisable to sync passwords)
- To install the Xmarks, simply go to Tools, and click on Add-ons.
- Search for ‘Xmarks’ in ‘Get Add-ons’ tab. (You can also search the add on from Get Bookmark Add-ons)
- Install the addon.
- Restart the Firefox.
- You will be prompted the Xmarks Bookmark Sync Wizard.
- Follow the instructions.
- If you don’t have account with Foxmarks, you will need to set up. This is only one time setup, once you have account, you can sync any number of computers.
- You will also be prompted for ‘Password Sync’, you need to setup a PIN for password sync.
- For the first computer, You will select ‘Merge data on the server with data on this computer’.
- After that, For all computers, you can select ‘Keep Data on Server, discard Data on this computer’.