Many websites contain ads and banners on them which are often distracting, some even playing music or sounds which can be very annoying. (You may have come across ads with monkey or girl dancing!!) This ads can cause website taking longer time to load. You can block ads and banners using Firefox Adblock Plus addon. You can choose an automatic filter subscription which will block most of the advertisements automatically. You can also exclude websites if you wish to.
- To install the firefox Adblock Plus addon, Click Here.
- Install the addon and restart the firefox.
- Upon restart, you will be prompted to subscribe to one of the recommended filter subscription. These filter subscriptions can block 99% of all the ads and banners.
- You can select any of these subscription, I always use ‘EasyList (USA)’. Click the radio button and click on subscribe. And you are good to go.
- Adblock Plus will block / remove most of the ads on the website.
- If you want to exclude any website from blocking, right click on Adblock icon on top right corner and select one of two options.
- Disable on the domain (for example, http://facebook.com/)
- Or you can just select the particular webpage you want to exclude.
- You can also configure the addon using preferences. (Keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + E) If you select one of the recommended subscription, you won’t need to configure anything for the most part.
- If you want to disable / enable the adblock plus addon, you can do so from right click menu on adblock icon.
- Navigate through the slideshow below to view adblock firefox addon setup screenshots.